Saturday, August 21, 2004

slightly burnt, with news

We played tonight with the country band - I played fiddle and everything was nice. Soon the snowbirds will come back. I have been struggling with myself there. But I am finding that its where I belong and can be happy there playing, being useful and all. I just dont want to advocate any message but my own. Thats what makes me difficult. In other words, I want my own freedom to be myself and for my voice to be my own... in how I dress, what I say and what I play. So far, I'm free to play my solos how I want and that is great. I got this sewin machine - it looks about 50 years old. I have to learn how to work it. I have no idea how to use a sewing machine hands on. I can't wait to make my shirts look tailored and to fit me really prefect so i dont have to worry about it.

This radio I bought at the thrift store sounds so smooth. Its about 50 years old its own self. It's an old panasonic and sounds so smooth and mellow. I'm listenin to "jazz till dawn" and I love it. I mean - I dont just love it, it becomes me. It's like buttered toast, slightly burn, with news.

Tomorrow morning I'm leaving for Alaska. My dad plays with me and we are also bringin Mom. We'll be there a week. We're flyin.

I'd like to make some really heavy serious recordings with a stereo mic or just some great mics, and only use old or acoustic stuff, really artsy, heart related, soul, find a natural occurance of organic music spontaneous perhaps, moving - rooms, halls, stairwells, experimental atmospheres, real and fantastic.



No comments: