Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Important Key to Success when all else FAILS

Hello readers. As you know I've been going through frustrating times and times of weakness and of being small. I've begun to grow stronger now, as always, with outside help not of myself.

Today I was just cleaning my room and realizing that I've been getting closer to the day that I'll get into some kind of personal project. Some time has passed since I've done a personal project and I've been in the mode of simply working to make some money, but also as a bonus, it happens to be mostly music work, which is uplifting my violin and bass playing aspects by requiring that i play those regularly. As i get more settled into my home, I'm begining once again, to see the light, as they say.

Let me just put this teaching out there, from my experience, for myself to see and to share with others:

...I'm a procrastinator with big dreams. These two points seem to push the other away with an ever expanding gulf between. They never want to meet. They want to perpetuate the others' existance. The bigger the dream, the harder it is to count the cost and start, and the harder it is to start, the bigger my dreams swell to - as they remain only in my mind and not in reality, giving them the freedom to grow out of practical means.

While in a meditation years ago, I was hit by a very simple revelation. "make up your mind what you are going to do, and be SURE to do it" this is easier said than done...

Today I want to share what i was reminded of and something new. This is how I plan to acheive my goals of late...

I will write them down first. Even if I know them by heart. I will establish a sacred tablet - probably my clipboard and paper. And I will write my goals there. This way, I will revere these goals and see them often, in a light that demands respect. I will not have to remember them all the time, they will be seen and burned into my minds eye. They will not change. I will not be moved from them, as they will be in writing and will remain the same as i am tempted to procrastinate and to deviate, or to dream my practicality away.

The KEY to this showing results WITHOUT A DOUBT is POINT OF CONTACT. You have to break the goal down into steps, and this is the key - listen - EACH STEP MUST TOUCH REALITY. Each step has to be a real life application and not something you just simply file away in a drawer in your mind or your desk under the label "accomplishments". NO! This will only cause you to go farther into your own imagination and your own rationality without accountability to the real world. You will breed a spirit of complacency and you will never feel the true nourishment of success. The fruits of your labor are not just for desert and leisure and reward but for NOURISHMENT! Each step along the way of your path towards your goal must be designed along a simple strategy that brings you a tangible GAIN.

For example...

Let's say I want to be a ROCK STAR! I could lock myself in my room for months until i have a book full of lyrics and book full of guitar chords and a tape recorder full of hashings of recordings, and then sort it all out until i have the finished material... then practice it all and then record it in a real studio - YES I COULD DO THAT.... BUT.... on paper and in theory that sounds great - noble and admirable... but I am not that great, noble and admirable! FEW ARE! We all have weaknesses and emotional needs.

Let's do this again, this time my new way - So I wanna be a rock n roll superstar...

1. find a place that will let me sing my songs at an open mic.
2. make a song list of 3 songs for an open mic and practice them
3. play at the open mic
4. record these songs and sell them on a CD the following week.
5. repeat steps one through 4
6. make a compilation CD of about 9 songs
7. i could add an additional open mic to my regiment - for a couple months.
8. i could then start getting interested musicians to start a band of my songs and play at the open mics around town
9. make a new CD - this time with the band
10. use that CD to get more gigs around the town, state and country
11. make a record deal with some label
12. keep performing and then I will be a ROCK STAR!

So you see? It's about using what you have to get what you want. Plan and strategize your direction in a way that brings you fruit along the way and props you up higher, stronger, and more secure as you go, so that if (and when) you fall, you will only fall back so far and will be able to keep going where you started out going!

I'm glad i could be so postive once again. It's not easy to be like this, to have a vision and to approach it with such enthusiasm and clarity - this takes something special. I feel so much better to be using my mind again and my heart in ways that will bring fruit!

I wish you all to be blessed with success and happiness

No comments: